Monday, January 12, 2009

The Desert Island Blog meme

Philocrites has posed a twist on the "what books would you want to be shipwrecked with" meme- assume your computer could only access ten blogs. OK... I'll first exempt aggregators as a cheat, like asking for omnibus collections as a single book in the original meme- so that let's UUpdates and Discover UU out. The following are not numbered or in any particular order:

The Wild Hunt the best generic Pagan blog. Period.

The Chaliceblog No explanation needed.

Peacebang Ditto.

Ms. Kitty's Saloon and Road Show If you don't read this one regularly, do yourself a favor and start. Heck, go read the archives.

Free and Responsible Search Doug's entries are so erratic that I'm not sure it qualifies as a "blog", in that it's not log or journal-like. But damn, is it good.

The Daily Kitten I'm not sure this one is exactly a blog, either, but it's posted every day, so there!

Waking Up in Dream City A new blog by an old blogger, and off to an excellent start. Not to mention being one of the most decent beings I know. Maybe living in Washington State has something to do with it- you could ask Ms. Kitty.

The Happy Feminist This one probably shouldn't be on the list, as it's apparently defunct. Damn it. the only feminist blog I actually enjoyed reading. But she just stopped posting suddenly... Happy, if you're out there, no explanations necessary- just come back!

Sexy Witch (Not work friendly) Hey- being Pagan isn't just about telling Christians where their holidays come from, you know.

I refuse to list a tenth, as that would mean completing the list and therefore leaving a bunch of friends out- if I never finished, I never slighted them, right?









4 comments:

Lilylou said...

Hey, Joel, you sweetie! Thanks for the nod. You're on my always-read list too, even though I don't often comment. Love those conservative pagans!

Chalicechick said...

Obviously, I'm campaigning for this. But thank you for listing me.

Doug Muder said...

Joel,

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm going to try to do better in the regularity department. I've been lost in writing my Intro-to-UU book (now in manuscript and at the mercy of Skinner House) and getting my political blog (The Weekly Sift weeklysift.blogspot.com) going. I'm thinking time will open up now for a more consistent UU blog.

Joel Monka said...

I'm glad you like it- feel free to comment any time!