Saturday, February 09, 2008

I finally saw "Across The Universe"

Cancellations turned this into a found day for Ginj and me, so we had a nice brunch, complete with newspaper, at our favorite cholesterol cafe, then took a turn through Blockbuster to see if any of the films we missed all summer had come out on DVD yet- we settled on Across The Universe and Elizabeth.

We decided to watch ATU first. I made a huge batch of popcorn in our Theatre II popper, cranked up the volume, and hit play.

***

Well, it was a true 60's film... by which I mean it would have been a great film with a couple hits of Mr Natural in me.

Now for Elizabeth.

2 comments:

Chalicechick said...

Did NOT like Across the Universe.

DID like Elizabeth, and big time. Didn't like the newer one as much, though the flirty scenes with the lady-in-waiting went over big in my house.

CC

Joel Monka said...

I liked both of the Cate Elizabeth movies, but that may partially be because I'm kind of a collector of "Elizabeth" movies in general- I'm strongly attracted to powerful women. Whether it's Livia, or Boadicea, or Jezebel, or Eleanor, or Elizabeth, or Dame Thatcher- they fascinate me.