Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My kingdom for a spider

Many people dislike spiders, or worse- as this T-shirt says , "We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders". But there's a couple flies in the house, and the cats are on the hunt- a combined total of more than forty pounds of ferocious carnivore are stalking, climbing, and leaping in the pursuit. Not all the bric-a-brac on all the shelves in all of Christendom will deter them from their self-appointed duty. *sigh*

Charlotte, where are you when I need you?

2 comments:

Strange Attractor said...

Little spiders are OK, but big creepy ones... (shudder).

We have a catch & release policy on spiders in our house. It does keep down the number of other creepy crawlies.

Colleen said...

You know Joel, they make things called "fly strips" and "fly swatters".

I honor all life but warn the critters I do not invite inside ... "leave or die!"

I give them time to leave, then I either throw them out or dispatch them; depending upon how much they creep me out.