Thursday, September 18, 2008

Don't even go there

With all the discussions about breastfeeding at work sparked by the selection of Governor Palin, no one has considered the question of breastfeeding as work. Apparently, neither did the Swiss government; they are flummoxed by Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk "The owner of the Storchen restaurant in the exclusive Winterthur resort will improve his menu with local specialities such as meat stew and various soups and sauces containing at least 75 per cent of mother's milk."

Don't imagine that I don't see where your mind is going; I can see the wheels turning. "Hey, you know those seafood restaurants where you pick the lobster they're going to cook..." Don't even go there.

P.S. No "Swiss Miss" cocoa jokes, either.

5 comments:

ogre said...

Soup like mother used to make?

Joel Monka said...

Not my mother; I was a bottle baby.

Chalicechick said...

LOL, Ogre.

I'm fascinated by my own reaction to this. I drank organic, skim cow's milk this very morning, yet I'm somehow grossed out by this restaurant.

Why on earth would that be my first reaction?

Yet it is.

CC

Chalicechick said...

That's an interesting point. I was a bottle baby, too.

CC

Robin Edgar said...

Considering the name of the restaurant there at least one other place you really don't want to go. . .