Tuesday, January 26, 2010

That's just wrong

I've written about our senior cat Laurie, before , but this is a new one. Even for a senile elder kitty who was a winter-depressive even when young.

Big grocery trip, which meant dumping bags on the table and going out to the car for more. Laurie climbed up on the table to inspect the groceries before they were put away, but that's normal, and there was nothing in the bags she could get into without help, as she has neither teeth nor front claws. Or so I thought...

When I came back in with the second load, I saw behavior that was strange even for Laurie. Yes, I know she freaks out when the universe betrays her and snows on her world. Yes, I know it must feel like a thousand years to her since she's been able to roll in the grass and eat the flowers... but to find her hugging the celery and chewing on the leaves was just wrong.

4 comments:

TK K said...

What, no picture?

:^D

Lilylou said...

Poor Laurie! Reduced to celery! Does she need a pot of wheat grass to supplement her diet?

Fox said...

You've just got to love the kitties, no matter how crazy they may seem. I do have to give you a big shove for not grabbing your camera though. ;)

Scott said...

The love which dare not be seen - a cat and its celery. ;)