Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The stalker is back

In September of last year, I wrote about a reader with an excessive, possibly unhealthy interest in me. Once again I have had the dubious pleasure of this person's attentions: first with the reader's own blog post discussing the contents of my pants, and boasting about lighting a fire therein; then a, shall we say, off topic comment submitted to this blog concerning my lips that I declined to publish.

I really don't know how I can make it any clearer to this person that I am not interested in a relationship. Perhaps it is hopeless; I know that in this blogger's home town another poor unfortunate was forced to seek a restraining order, and the court was concerned enough to grant it. Sheer distance makes it unlikely that I will need to do the same- but given this individual's numerous and bizarre obsessions, one never knows. I hope- not just for my sake, or even the sakes of the others this reader has pursued so relentlessly, but for the reader's own sake- that the reader will seek the help so desperately needed, and rejoin polite society. I would welcome the reader back, should it ever happen.
 

1 comment:

Desmond Ravenstone said...

Sorry to hear this, Joel -- and I share your hope that this person gets some help.

You did the right thing bringing this out in the open. Too often, folks targeted by stalkers suffer in isolation, either because they keep quiet, or because their friends and family aren't fully aware of what they can do.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones, be vigilant, and please let others know what they can do to help.